The Gospel of Matthew in the Two Horizons New Testament Commentary series is out today (September 27).
If you’d like to read about the five big surprises in our Matthew commentary project, go to the Eerdmans Commentary Blog. Here’s the preview:
- The theme of justice is more prominent in Matthew than usually understood.
- A keen interest in Matthew’s genealogy when listening to global voices.
- The very Jewish Jesus in Matthew.
- The Holy Spirit as important theological locus in Matthew.
- Matthew’s surprisingly egalitarian motifs.